Cheddar Baked Chicken
Posted on 01/11/2011 by offlicute
More pictures and the recipe at my blog: Happy Life, Happy Wife
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 pouch Shake n Bake Extra Crispy
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Pour your melted butter to coat the baking dish.
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg and milk.
- In a third bowl, combine the cheese, bread crumbs, and cereal.
- Keep your bowls in that order and work down the line. First, dredge your chicken in the flour mixture, dip in the eggs, then press it in the bread crumb mixture to coat. Really push the chicken down in the bread crumbs. Transfer to your baking dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until coating is golden brown and chicken is done. (35 minutes was just a tidge too long in my oven, so keep an eye on it)