Recipe in Cups and Metric.
1. I used the metric recipe.
2. I used mini chips. Chips did not sink to the bottom, hooray.
3. I used yoghurt instead of sour cream.
4. Cake cooked for 75 mins.
5. I did the syrup thing after the cake came out of the oven (not 5 mins before). The syrup does not get very thick. I also added the flaked chocolate bits immediately after adding the syrup, causing them to melt slightly. Yum.
6. This cake is terribly difficult to slice because the top came out kinda uneven.
7. It tastes rich but light.
8. I baked in a 8.5x4.5" pan and made 2 extra muffins. The muffins did not have any syrup topping and tasted more plain. So the syrup is important!
9. I used a cake mixer and not the food processor and mixed the ingredients in this order: butter and sugar, then eggs, then flour+cocoa+baking soda which I sifted (does not state this in the recipe), then sour cream and vanilla, then boiling water, then chips.
10. It is a messy cake! And not that pretty upon cutting, but definitely worth the effort. Not that it took much effort anyways.